Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 2 peaches, cored and cubed
- 1 ripe tomato, cored and cubed
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 hours before serving.
- Serves 6. Each serving has 26 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g sugars, and 1 g protein.
- Each serving also has 6% vitamin A, 13% vitamin C, 0% calcium and 0% iron.
- This salsa is the perfect topping for grilled chicken or fish.
- It’s also great when served as a dip for chips.
- Use a mild peach vinegar for an extra boost of flavor.
- The hot pepper controls the heat of the salsa, so use less (or switch in a bell pepper) for a milder salsa. You can also increase the amount of spice with a larger serving of diced hot peppers.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.