If you are looking for an onion that is easy to use in your kitchen, consider leeks. Here is what is good about them:
- they are more mild
- they do not require peeling
- they keep well for a month in the refrigerator
- you can slice them as you go
- no crying while peeling or slicing
- delicate delicious flavor
- pretty green color
- much easier to slice
It is easy to clean them - just cut off the roots, cut them in half lengthwise and then rinse away any dirt. After that you can slice them and use them like onions in any dish.
We use them in soups, sprinkled over roasted items, with baked fish, and in salads.