1/2 prepared pie crust (use tulip method on the previous page)
15 ounce can pumpkin
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup Splenda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup egg whites
12 ounce can evaporated skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 de- grees.
2. Make a tulip crust as described on the previous page.
2. Mix the filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl and pour into the crust. Bake until knife comes out clean from center, about 35-45 minutes.
3. Refrigerate and slice in 10 wedges.
Optional: serve each wedge with fat free whipped cream.
Pumpkin Pie Calorie Facts:
- Store-bought pumpkin pie: 260-290 calories per slice
- Add light whipped cream from the can: 15 calories per 2 tablespoons
- For the garnish use diced candied ginger and whipped cream with cinnamon sprin- kled on top.
Ginger Snap Crust:
Grind 16 ginger snap cook- ies in food processor. Lightly spray a glass pie pan with cooking spray and pat the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the pan evenly. Proceed with the rest of the recipe to pour filling into the crust and bake in the oven.
Serves 10. Each serving: 1 slice.
Calories: 122, Total Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Sodium: 105mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 4.5g (cut in 8 = 150 calories)
Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min. (30 Prep, 45 Bake)