Best Light Pumpkin Pie
NOTE: We are using a 1/2 of a prepared crust and only using it around the edges of the pie pan.
1/2 prepared pie crust
15 ounce can pumpkin
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup Splenda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup egg whites
12-ounce can of evaporated skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make a tulip crust as described on the previous page.
2. Mix the filling ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and pour it into the crust. Bake until a knife comes out clean from the center, about 35-45 minutes.
3. Refrigerate and slice in 10 wedges.
Optional: serve each wedge with fat-free whipped cream.
Pumpkin Pie Calorie Facts:
- Store-bought pumpkin pie: 260-290 calories per slice
- Add light whipped cream from the can: 15 calories per 2 tablespoons
- For the garnish use diced candied ginger and whipped cream with cinnamon sprinkled on top.
Ginger Snap Crust:
Grind 16 ginger snap cookies in a food processor. Lightly spray a glass pie pan with cooking spray and pat the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the pan evenly. Proceed with the rest of the recipe to pour filling into the crust and bake in the oven.
Serves 10. Each serving: 1 slice.
Calories: 122, Total Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Sodium: 105mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 4.5g (cut in 8 = 150 calories)
Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min. (30 Prep, 45 Bake)
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.