Welcome to Food and Health Communications, where our mission is to create stunning, evidence-based food and nutrition education materials for passionate health educators who want to make a difference in their patients’ and students’ lives.
Who We Are
Headquartered in the Denver Metro Area, Food and Health Communications, Inc. is a privately owned design and publishing company that has been in business for over 25 years. We do not accept advertising so our editorial integrity always comes first. Our content is always based on peer-reviewed science and the US Dietary Guidelines. We love to create beautiful, memorable, and engaging resources! Our creation process is second to none!
What We Do
We create eye-grabbing posters and many engaging visuals for nutrition and health awareness:
Posters, handouts, wellness fair promotional items, and classroom resources for Nutrition Education are all ready to ship or download from our online Nutrition Education Store. We offer theme-based resources and many engaging materials so you can easily find the perfect topic for your audience to get your message absorbed and remembered. Check it out!
Here on foodandhealth.com, we publish newsletters, handouts, presentations, and an amazing library of culinary nutrition articles and recipes for professional educators who need to teach and communicate a variety of important nutrition and health-based messages.
Premium membership to foodandhealth.com features a complete online library of educational resources for food and nutrition topics plus monthly updates including monthly white label nutrition newsletters, handouts, recipes, expert advice and articles, presentation ideas, activities, and much more for nutrition and health professionals.
We create online courses for culinary nutrition education:
The online catalog of courses for food and health professionals is always growing. Featured here you will find culinary nutrition instruction as well as updates on MyPlate and the Dietary Guidelines featuring professional and credentialed authors.
Design services - in addition to making amazing creations for our website and e-commerce store we also offer our design services for hire. We have served many of our customers with services such as banner creation, wellness fair materials, food photography, recipe development, presentation creation, course content creation, and graphic design. Contact us for a free quote.
Food and Health Communications, Inc. is a private company that does not accept advertising, so there is no hidden agenda or fake news. Just lots of science and evidence-based information! We love providing educators with the tools they need to teach folks to eat healthier. Our tools make learning about nutrition and health so beautiful and delicious!
So, what makes us stand out from the crowd?
- Our vision. We are creative, inspired, and passionate about what we do.
- Our experience. With over 25 years, (and counting), of creating nutrition and health education materials, we are dedicated to serving all of our clients to their full satisfaction.
- A proven 5-star customer service record from Shopper Approved.
- We're a National Strategic Partner for the USDA’s MyPlate
- We’ve won two prestigious Web Health Awards along with the American Heart Association, Johns Hopkins Medicine, the Mayo Clinic, and many more.
- We’re a certified CPE provider for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- We have integrity. We accept no advertising revenue from the food industry or any other outside entity. All of our funds come from memberships on this website, our design services, and our online e-commerce store.
- Our professionally credentialed editors use peer-reviewed journals for all articles and resources; all material meets the Dietary Guidelines for Americans criteria and is up to date with all major professional health entities: USDA, MyPlate, Dietary Guidelines, Center for Disease Control, American Diabetes Association, American Heart Association, WHO, National Institute of Health, Institute of Medicine, and Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- We are committed to being current, accurate, and engaging.
- Creative studio. We create original work with writers, graphic designers, and photographers.
- We have a growing customer base of over 70,000 professionals.
Proud member of:
Thousands of customers include:
We serve government, health, education, and private sectors: doctors, dietitians, public health, universities, cooperative extensions, foodservice directors, nurses, pharmacies, diabetes educators, corporate wellness, weight loss, chefs, schools, cardiac rehab, family and consumer science educators.
A&M Academy, Aging, AgriLife Allen and Arizona, Assisted B Barbara California, Avocados from Mexico, Canyon Care Cedar Center, Children's Chrysler, Clair Claire Cleveland Clinic, Colorado, Company, Cooperative Cornell Corporation, County Dairy Department Department, Dept Diabetes Diego, Dimensions, District, Drug, Eau Extension, Farmers Farms, Fitness Florida Florida, Food Foundation, Francis Fry's Gamble, Health Health, High Hospital Hospital, Hotel Idaho, Jefferson Joseph Jude Kaiser Key Lion Living, Madison, Maryland, Mayo Medcal Medical Mexico, Michigan Michigan, Minnesota, NASA, Naval New Nursing, Nutrition of Office, Ohio Oil on Oneida Ontario, Oregon OSU Our Owatonna Parish Pawnee Peak Pearson Pediatrics, Penn Pepsico, Perdue Permanente, Philadelphia Phoenix Polaski Pomona Positive Potts Prevea Princeton Procter Program, Providence Public Purdue Red Rush Rutgers Saint Sajai San Santa School School, Schools, Seattle Seminole Services, Shannon Share Shell Signature Sigonella, Spokane Springdale St St. State Strength, Susan Texas The Training, Tribe Twins, UC Unified University University, University of Arizona Cooperative Extension, USAF, UT, UWEX, VA Virginia, Walgreens, Washington WIC, WSU, Wyoming, Yale, YMCA, York Zoo, and many more!
Our work has included:
- Make A Rainbow Materials for multiple school food service programs in the US
- Branded weight loss program for LiveWell Carolinas
- Custom salad bar sign and training videos for Goleta Schools, Goleta, California
- Custom workshop for Colorado daycare providers, KidCare Nutrition, Colorado
- St. Louis Department of Health MyPlate Education Bundles
- MiPlato Spanish Materials for KDHE Nutrition and WIC Program
- Over 300 posters were delivered to the Washington County Board of Education
- Over 200 posters were delivered to the Orange County Department of Public Education
- 150 tearpads for Maricopa County Public Health
- 200 posters delivered to LaHabra City School District
- Custom diabetes posters for Boeing
- Custom Heart Risk Factors PowerPoint for NASA
- 200 poster for Omaha Public Schools Nutrition
- Over 100 Posters to Columbus Research Foundation
- 150 posters for Maine Dairy and Nutrition Council
- University of Arizona 500 posters
- VA Montana Healthcare posters, tearpads, and cooking demo materials
- Downey Unified School District 200 posters
- 150 posters to Network for a Healthy California
- 12 Lessons Program delivered to Seminole Tribe of California
- 440 posters delivered to Santa Clara County Public Health Dept
- ....and many more!
Here is what some of our customers have to say:
"The posters have been a great resource pedagogically both as primary teaching tools and as ongoing reinforcement. And even when we're not paying attention to the specific content, they are visually pleasing. Thanks!" -- Doug Barg, Kitchen Cred
"Thank you for making the fiber video for us. The content is very good." --Kevin Schmuck Ex. Phys. Supervisor - Cardiac Rehabilitation, Scottsdale Healthcare, Heart & Vascular Services"
The poster, as is true with many of the posters from Nutrition Education Store are colorful, interesting to the eye, and fun to look at. They are a real draw to a booth. Thank you for providing such cost effective and well-done posters." --Marla Hill, RD, CD
"This is fantastic; the Elementary Nutrition PowerPoint was worth the wait. I am so impressed with content, graphics and overall structure of presentation. Thanks so much for your assistance." --Mia Wolinsky-Zazon, MS, RD, CDN
FHC's work has been used and featured by college nutrition textbooks, Inside Triathlon Magazine, Pritikin Longevity Center, The Calorie Density Solution Book (Robert Pritikin), Global Gourmet Solutions, Dupont and Webmd.com, Nutrio.com, Princess House, Williams Hospitality, Kellogg, City of Houston WIC program, Mediterranean Foods Alliance (grand prize recipe), PBS television, Pastry Art and Design Magazine, Chocolatier, Bon Appetit, Grand Finales, and more.
About our Founder and Executive Editor, award-winning Chef, Judy Doherty, MPS, PCII:
Judy’s passion for cooking began with helping her grandmother make raisin oatmeal for breakfast. From there she earned her first food service job at 15, was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America at 18 (where she graduated second in her class), and went on to the Fachschule Richemont in Switzerland where she focused on pastry arts and baking. She was an executive pastry chef for Hyatt Resorts for over 8 years. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree with Summa Cum Laude distinction from Johnson and Wales University and a Masters of Professional Services Degree for Business with the Culinary Institute of America. She holds 2 visual art and professional graphic design certificates from UC Berkeley Extension.
Judy has been awarded such honors as The Culinary Institute of America's Pro Chef II certification, two American Culinary Federation Bronze Medals, ACF Hot Dessert Competition Gold Medal, and ACF Chef of the Year. Judy was an adjunct instructor for Johnson and Wales University in Denver and has taught many cooking demonstrations and classes. She is currently creating many beautiful recipes, photos, and videos in her professional food photography studio.
Her enthusiasm for eating nutritiously and deliciously leads her to constantly innovate and use the latest research in nutrition science to guide her creativity, from putting new twists on fajitas to adapting Italian brownies to include ingredients like toasted nuts and cooked honey. Judy’s publishing company, Food and Health Communications, Inc. is dedicated to her vision that everyone can make food that tastes as good as it is for you.
Judy Doherty, MPS, PC II
Stephanie Ronco, BA
Lisa Andrews, MEd, RDN
Hollis Bass, MEd, RDN
Lynn Grieger, RDN, LDN
Barbara Hart, MS
James J. Kenney, PhD, FACN
Jo Lichten, PhD, RD
Victoria Shanta Retelny, RD, LD
Beth Rosen, MS
Lauren Swann, MS, RD
Cheryle Syracuse, MS
Jill Weisenberger, MS, RD, CDE
Editorial Advisory Board
Stephanie Correnti, BS, RD
Jill Eisenberg, RDH, MS, RD, CDN
James J. Kenney, PhD, FACN
Alice Henneman, MS, RD
Barbara Hart, MS, RD, LDN
Karla Logston, RN, BS, CDE
Linda Rankin, PhD, RD, LD, FADA
Cheryle Syracuse, MS
Email us or call us at 800-462-2352
More Information About Food & Health Communications, Inc.
Point of Contact:
Food and Health Communications, Inc
3739 Balboa Street, Unit #5015
San Francisco, CA 94121
Email: Email us
CAGE Code: 3GUJ8
AND CDR CPE Provider
WBENC - 2005123056
S Corp. California
Trademarks and Web Properties:
- Food and Health Communications, Inc.
- Nutrition Education Store
Stunning Visual Tools for Nutrition Educators - Count on us to create and deliver.
Need something? Have a question? Get in touch: