Become a premium member today and get access to hundreds of articles and handouts plus our premium tools!
Here are some great messages to create awareness for a plant-based diet for your clients, students, employees, and patients.
- The next time you are in the mood for a burger, consider the vegetarian alternative.
- One vegetarian burger contains about 120 calories. A meat patty contains almost double that amount and usually contains 16 grams of fat.
- Vegetarian burgers are already cooked so all you need to do is reheat them.
- Pile a veggie burger high with sliced vegetables and dressing for a fast meal that keeps you on track for a healthful eating plan.
- Consistent evidence indicates that, in general, a dietary pattern that is higher in plant-based foods, such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds, and lower in animal-based foods is more health promoting.
- Healthy burger accompaniments include whole-grain bread, kale or green leafy lettuce, sliced tomatoes, onions, carrots or cucumbers.
UP NEXT IN Food and Health
Today’s Food Trends Same as 1870
UP NEXT IN Food and Health, Prevention