Become a premium member today and get access to hundreds of articles and handouts plus our premium tools!
Here are some great messages to create awareness for a plant-based diet for your clients, students, employees, and patients.
- The next time you are in the mood for a burger, consider the vegetarian alternative.
- One vegetarian burger contains about 120 calories. A meat patty contains almost double that amount and usually contains 16 grams of fat.
- Vegetarian burgers are already cooked so all you need to do is reheat them.
- Pile a veggie burger high with sliced vegetables and dressing for a fast meal that keeps you on track for a healthful eating plan.
- Consistent evidence indicates that, in general, a dietary pattern that is higher in plant-based foods, such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds, and lower in animal-based foods is more health promoting.
- Healthy burger accompaniments include whole-grain bread, kale or green leafy lettuce, sliced tomatoes, onions, carrots or cucumbers.
UP NEXT IN Food and Health