Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 bowl
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey breast, no skin
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with ? juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup water
- Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion briefly and add the ground turkey. Cook until the turkey is no longer pink; then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 4. Each serving has 368 calories, 10 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 91 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g sugars, and 52 g protein.
- Each serving also has 3% vitamin A, 11% vitamin C, 7% calcium and 16% iron.
- Choose lean ground turkey breast, then break it up well while it’s cooking so that the pieces stay small in the final dish.
- Serve this chili with pasta, rice, or a baked potato. Round out the meal with a large tossed salad.
Want to share this recipe? Here's a printable handout!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.