Today I have a special treat for you. This is one of my personal favorites -- a show-stopping pumpkin pie that also happens to be a lot better for your health than traditional versions.
Here's what you need to know...
- Serves 8
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Total Time: 50 min
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Cooking oil spray
- Panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin (peeled)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray the bottom of a glass deep dish pie pan with cooking oil spray.
- Sprinkle bottom of dish with Panko bread crumbs until thoroughly coated.
- Puree remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture on top of crust and bake until a toothpick inserted into center of the pie comes out clean.
- This pie uses roasted pumpkin but you can easily replace that with canned pumpkin if you don't have the time or energy to roast your own this year.
- This pie is best when allowed to cool for about an hour after baking.
- Serve with a side of whipped cream.
Roasted pumpkin pie is the perfect subject for an email blast or Zoom cooking demo. You can also print out the recipe and distribute it ahead of Thanksgiving.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.