Thai BBQ Chicken
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 breast (2 pieces)
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally (8 pieces)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- Rub the chicken breasts with the oil, spices, lemon and honey. Marinate for 1-4 hours in the refrigerator or even overnight.
- Heat a grill to medium (about 400 degrees F). Grill the chicken on oiled foil until it is done, turning over halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Serves 4. Each serving has 108 calories, 4g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 45mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, and 15g protein.
- Each serving also has 0% vitamin A, 10% vitamin C, 0% calcium and 0% iron.
- Optional garnish: fresh lemongrass.
- This dish goes well with grilled, diced vegetables and a fresh salad or slaw.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.