- 1 pound lean ground turkey, very cold
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Panko or plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Dash paprika
- 3 cups marinara sauce (preferably low in sodium)
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- Combine the turkey, eggs, tomato paste, bread crumbs, and seasonings in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a pan, bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Using the turkey mixture, form meatballs that are about the size of golf balls. Place each meatball in the sauce.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through and flavors have melded.
- Serve over pasta.
- Serves 8. Each serving contains 333 calories, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 78 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 6 g sugar, and 24 g protein.
- Each serving has 9% DV vitamin A, 10% DV vitamin C, 3% DV calcium, and 22% DV iron.
- This dish goes great with freshly-steamed broccoli and a salad.
- You can also substitute whole wheat pasta for an extra nutrient boost.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.