I know it sounds crazy, but I tried stir-frying my farmers’ market finds on the grill, and it was so tasty and simple that I may never go back to my stove.
How did I do it?
The answer lies in the first installment of Food and Health’s Delicious Healthy Meals cooking video series: Stir Fry on the Grill. Watch me cook this dish from start to finish in a brand-new video that is packed with great tips and step-by-step instruction. With this video, you and your clients can easily make this dinner at home or as part of a group cooking project. Check it out!
This is a great resource to offer your clients, use as the basis of a cooking demonstration, or incorporate into your email blasts! Here’s how to make it.
- 1 head bok choy
- 1 carrot
- 1 spring onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle the oil on the aluminum foil, then toss the veggies in it. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the foil, then put the whole thing on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then stir the vegetables. Continue to cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, roughly 2-4 more minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve.
- Serves 4. Each serving contains 128 calories, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 7 g dietary fiber, 8 g sugar, and 9 g protein.
- Each serving has 583% DV vitamin A, 343% DV vitamin C, 52% DV calcium, and 27% DV iron.
- Serve this meal alongside grilled salmon and brown rice.
- Use tongs to serve the vegetables — they’re quite hot when they come off the grill.
- If you can’t find Chinese broccoli, try broccoli rabe or even plain broccoli.
- Topping your plate with sliced green onions, Thai basil, and cilantro will really take the flavors to the next level.
Step by Step Video:
For More Information:
Food and Health Communications members get exclusive access to additional materials. What does that mean for this post? Members can get 2 additional guides and handouts at no cost. Take a look today!
Remember, we're here to help you look your very best, right now!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.