I know it sounds crazy, but I tried stir-frying my farmers’ market finds on the grill, and it was so tasty and simple that I may never go back to my stove.
How did I do it?
The answer lies in the first installment of Food and Health’s Delicious Healthy Meals cooking video series: Stir Fry on the Grill. Watch me cook this dish from start to finish in a brand-new video that is packed with great tips and step-by-step instruction. With this video, you and your clients can easily make this dinner at home or as part of a group cooking project. Check it out!
This is a great resource to offer your clients, use as the basis of a cooking demonstration, or incorporate into your email blasts! Here’s how to make it.
- 1 head bok choy
- 1 carrot
- 1 spring onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle the oil on the aluminum foil, then toss the veggies in it. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the foil, then put the whole thing on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then stir the vegetables. Continue to cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, roughly 2-4 more minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve.
- Serves 4. Each serving contains 128 calories, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 7 g dietary fiber, 8 g sugar, and 9 g protein.
- Each serving has 583% DV vitamin A, 343% DV vitamin C, 52% DV calcium, and 27% DV iron.
- Serve this meal alongside grilled salmon and brown rice.
- Use tongs to serve the vegetables — they’re quite hot when they come off the grill.
- If you can’t find Chinese broccoli, try broccoli rabe or even plain broccoli.
- Topping your plate with sliced green onions, Thai basil, and cilantro will really take the flavors to the next level.
Step by Step Video:
For More Information:
Food and Health Communications members get exclusive access to additional materials. What does that mean for this post? Members can get 2 additional guides and handouts at no cost. Take a look today!
Remember, we're here to help you look your very best, right now!