We're going to wrap up our posts for osteoporosis awareness month with a few more recipes and tips for getting enough bone-healthy nutrients. Today we bring you a delicious stir-fry that provides 473% of the daily value for vitamin K, 22% of the daily value for magnesium, and 10% of the daily value for calcium.
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped kale, pre-washed
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Lightly spray a large, nonstick skillet with vegetable oil cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the vegetables in the order they appear above.
- Cover pan and allow to saute for a few minutes before stirring, allowing veggies to turn golden brown at the edges.
- Saute until vegetables are almost tender, then add peanuts and seasonings.
- Serve over rice.
Serving and Nutrition Information
- Serves 4.
- Each 1-1/2 cup serving: 230 calo- ries, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.
- Diabetic exchange: 2 starch, 1 veg, 1/2 meat.