- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over high heat.
- Add the olive oil and the asparagus and sear for about a minute.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat to medium, steaming the asparagus for another minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
- Serves 4. Each 1-cup serving has 23 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, and 1 g protein.
- Each serving also contains 10% DV vitamin A, 6% DV?vitamin C, 1% DV calcium, and 5% DV iron.
- Using a grill pan with a cover is a delicious way to prepare asparagus. It makes the asparagus crisp and tasty while preserving its delicate flavor.
- I especially like to use Fleur de Sel to finish this dish.
- You can also garnish the asparagus with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.