Snack and entertain in style with fruits and vegetables! Here are some healthy indulgences from Victoria Shanta Retelny, RD and Food and Health Communications:
- Avocado-based dips with baked chips
- Colorful and crunchy veggie and fruit kabobs
- Healthful nuts like pistachios in the shell are a great portion controlled treat (there's 49 calories in a serving and the shells are a great reminder of when you've had enough!)
- Handmade chocolate-dipped dried plums, apricots and apples. Great way to indulge a sweet tooth in a healthy way!
- Sliced apples with vanilla yogurt and caramel drizzle - decadent and more fruit, too!
- 1 Minute Berry Pie -place berries in a pie dish in the microwave for one minute. Cook one?minute, stir and serve warm.
Judy’s passion for cooking began with helping her grandmother make raisin oatmeal for breakfast. From there she earned her first food service job at 15, was accepted to the world famous Culinary Institute of America at 18 (where she graduated second in her class), and went on to the Fachschule Richemont in Switzerland where she focused on pastry arts and baking. But after learning that the quality of a croissant directly varies with how much butter it has, Judy sought to challenge herself by coming up with recipes that were as healthy as they were tasty.
Judy received The Culinary Institute of America’s Pro Chef II certification, the American Culinary Federation Bronze Medal, Gold Medal, and ACF Chef of the Year. Her enthusiasm for eating nutritiously and deliciously leads her to constantly innovate and use the latest in nutritional science to guide her creativity, from putting new twists on fajitas to adapting Italian brownies to include ingredients like toasted nuts and cooked honey. Judy’s publishing company, Food and Health Communications, is dedicated to her vision that everyone can make food that tastes as good as it is for you.