Grilled Chicken and Chard Dinner
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 plate
- Spray cooking oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 cup of Swiss or rainbow chard, rinsed and stemmed
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- Dash of Italian Seasoning
- Dash of paprika
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- Take out a large piece of foil and set it on a tray. Lightly spray the surface with oil.
- Place the chicken breasts on the oiled foil. Add the pineapple, peppers, and asparagus around the chicken. Place the chard on top of the chicken and sprinkle everything with spices. Grill until the chicken is done, about 20 minutes.
- Serve the chicken on top of the chard. Place the peppers, asparagus, and pineapple on the plate and arrange the cooked rice next to the chicken.
- Serves 4. Each serving has 478 calories, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 38 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 12 g sugars, and 22 g protein.
- Each serving also has 46% vitamin A, 156% vitamin C, 5% calcium and 22% iron.
- It’s a good idea to turn everything over on the foil halfway through cooking.
- The chicken is done when it is firm in the center and the thickest part reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use short grain brown rice for the most appealing presentation and texture.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.