Serves: 20 | Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups converted brown rice
- 2 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- Hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all the ingredients in a large and shallow pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes (or until the rice is done).
- Fluff with a fork and serve hot.
- Serves 20. Each serving has 89 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 3 g sugar, & 2 g protein.
- Each serving has 4% DV vitamin A, 8% DV vitamin C, 3% DV calcium, & 5% DV iron.
- If you are using regular brown rice instead of converted brown rice, then increase the water from 1 and 1/2 cups to 1 and 3/4 cups.
- Dried Italian seasoning works well in this recipe, but feel free to customize the mix of herbs to suit your tastebuds.
- You can find diced tomatoes with Italian herbs alongside other varieties of canned tomatoes in most supermarkets.
Here's a copy of the recipe. Feel free to download it and use it as you see fit!
And here are more cooking demonstration resources to make your life easier! Which will you get?