Lisa Andrews, MEd, RDN has prepared great facts about bok choy this week. It is such a wonderful green that can go in stir fry dishes or be served as a side dish. Best of all it cooks really fast!
Whip up your social messages now!
- Bok choy, also known as pak choy, white cabbage or joy choy, is a type of Chinese cabbage. Similar to celery or mustard, bok choy grows rounded leaves.
- There are several varieties of bok choy that are different in color, taste and size.
- Bok choy is traditionally grown in China but is also cultivated in Canada and California.
- This Chinese cabbage is a good source of beta-carotene and vitamin C.
- Bok choy is a mild-tasting vegetable that is great in stir fries or soups.
- Bok choy can also be eaten raw in salads or on veggie burgers.
- Bok choy adds color, flavor and fiber to a variety of dishes.