Become a premium member today and get access to hundreds of articles and handouts plus our premium tools!
Lisa Andrews, MEd, RDN has prepared great facts about bok choy this week. It is such a wonderful green that can go in stir fry dishes or be served as a side dish. Best of all it cooks really fast!
Whip up your social messages now!
- Bok choy, also known as pak choy, white cabbage or joy choy, is a type of Chinese cabbage. Similar to celery or mustard, bok choy grows rounded leaves.
- There are several varieties of bok choy that are different in color, taste and size.
- Bok choy is traditionally grown in China but is also cultivated in Canada and California.
- This Chinese cabbage is a good source of beta-carotene and vitamin C.
- Bok choy is a mild-tasting vegetable that is great in stir fries or soups.
- Bok choy can also be eaten raw in salads or on veggie burgers.
- Bok choy adds color, flavor and fiber to a variety of dishes.
UP NEXT IN Food and Health
Today’s Food Trends Same as 1870
UP NEXT IN Cooking