Become a premium member today and get access to hundreds of articles and handouts plus our premium tools!
Lisa Andrews, MEd, RDN, has been hard at work creating concise, creative messages you can use to feature apricots in your social messaging. Check out her tips and get ahead with your own posts now.
- Apricots are a member of the rose family but related to the peach.
- Apricots are originally from China but approximately 95% are produced in California.
- Apricots are an excellent source of beta-carotene, a carotenoid also found in sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Apricots contain vitamin C, fiber and potassium- nutrients that are beneficial to heart health.
- Dried apricots can be chopped and added to a salad or trail mix.
- One apricot contains 17 calories.
UP NEXT IN Food and Health
Today’s Food Trends Same as 1870
UP NEXT IN Cooking