Grilled Trout and Vegetables with Couscous
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 plate
- 4 3-ounce pieces of trout
- 2 zucchini squash, sliced vertically
- 2 yellow squash, sliced vertically
- Oil as needed to grill, about 1 tsp
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced, with seeds removed
- 1 bunch watercress
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Heat the grill. Place the fish and veggies on an oiled piece of foil. Grill until done.
- Puree the yellow pepper.
- Serve the fish with the veggies, yellow pepper puree, and cooked couscous. Top with a sprig of watercress and balsamic vinegar glaze.
- Serves 4. Each serving has 495 calories, 17g fat, 4g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 150mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 5g sugars, and
- Each serving also has 24% vitamin A, 108% vitamin C, 10% calcium and 11% iron.
- If you have extra tomatoes on hand, feel free to use grilled tomato puree for a sauce in place of the pepper puree.
- Use a measuring cup to mold the couscous into an attractive shape.
- Use whole wheat couscous to add even more nutrients and fiber to the dish.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.