Looking for some free resources to promote September's monthly themes? Your search is over! Here is a comprehensive list of links to promote the food and health subjects of September. There are fantastic recipes, great photos, PDF handouts, and more...
- Apple Yogurt Plate
- Breakfast: A Good Start
- Breakfast on the Run
- Crockpot Steel Cut Oats with Apples and Cherries
- Does Eating Breakfast Aid Weight Loss?
- 1 Chicken, 6 Meals
- Chicken and Sodium: What You Need to Know
- Chicken Stew for Chicken Month
- Grilled Chicken and Chard
- Roasted Chicken Dinner
- Children, Activity, Diet
- Diets for Kids?
- Does More Salt Make Kids Fatter?
- Free Handout: Nutrition for Kids
- Help Kids Eat Right
Cholesterol Education Month
- 3 Facts for Cholesterol Month
- Cholesterol 101
- Cholesterol Education Update
- For Heart Attack Prevention, Is Diet More Important than Statins?
- Take Control of Your Cholesterol Levels
Cold and Flu Campaign
- Outdoor Food Safety
- Presentation Ideas: Food Safety
- Summer Food Safety
- Teaching Food Safety
- Test Your Holiday Food Safety Knowledge
Fruit and Veggies More Matters Month
- Are You Fruit and Veggie Savvy?
- CPE: Fiber, Fruits, Vegetables and Risk of Colon Cancer
- Fruit and Vegetable Consumption Tips from Dietitians and Family and Consumer Science Professionals
- Fruits and Veggies Protect Your Health!
- Presentation Ideas: MyPlate Fruits and Vegetables
Healthy Aging Month
- Consuming Fewer Calories Slows Aging
- Diet and Longevity
- Do Overweight People Live Longer?
- Eat Less, Live Longer
- Healthy Lifestyle Improves Aging Marker
- Evaluating Sugar Substitutes
- Fact Sheet: Honey
- Honey-Glazed Mangos
- Pear Yogurt Snack Plate
- Sweetener Guide
- Broccoli Mushroom Omelet
- Mushroom Bisque
- Mushroom Day
- MyPlate Exploration: Other Vegetables
- Putting the "Fun" in Fungi
- Food News: Potato Edition
- Lots to Love About Potatoes
- Potato Crust Pizza
- Potato Dinners
- The Hot Potato
- Can You Prevent Prostate Cancer?
- Does Fat Promote Prostate Cancer?
- Does Folic Acid Promote Prostate Cancer?
- Prostate Cancer Awareness
- Vitamin E and Prostate Cancer: Trial Results
- Chicken with Rice
- Have a Rice Day (Guide to Types of Rice, Cooking Advice)
- Recipe: Red Rice
- Rice Spells Success
- Whole Grain Cooking Demonstration Tips
- Baked Whole Wheat Ziti
- Free Handout: Oatmeal
- Go for the Whole Grain
- Shopping for Whole Grains: A Guide
- Whole Grain: Which Do You Choose?
Which of these resources will make your life easier?
To see the monthly food and health calendar, along with even more educational materials, visit the September 2015 calendar page.
And, as always, there's more in the Nutrition Education Store! Check out these amazing September resources...
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.