Download PDFs of the September 2014 Issue:
- Complete September 2014 Newsletter
- September Practitioner Resources
- September Handout Set
Bonus -- White Label Newsletter:
- This is the newsletter that you can distribute as your own!
- It's in Word format.
- Feel free to make changes or add your logo.
- You can save it as a PDF when you are ready to distribute it.
- Use it in email, websites, blogs, or as a handout.
NEW -- Articles for September:
Dr. Oz and Congress - by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
Activity Idea: Offer a Fruit and Vegetable Challenge - by Stephanie Ronco
Recipe: Apple Yogurt Breakfast Plate - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Recipe: Chicken and Potato Stew - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Handout: 10 Portion Control Tips - by Lynn Grieger RDN, CDE, CPT, CWC
Handout: 6 Easy Steps for Healthful Eating - by Beth Rosen, MS, RD
Handout: Nuts About Nuts: Part Two - by Sarah Mohrman, RD, MA
September Monthly Theme Card:
Links for September:
Calendar Ideas for September:
- All-American Breakfast Month: Breakfast: A Good Start!
- Apple Month: Apple Dip
- Chicken Month: Chicken Corn Chowder
- Childhood Obesity Awareness Month: Navigating School Lunch
- Cholesterol Education Month: Cholesterol Education Update
- Food Safety Education Month: Teaching Food Safety
- Fruits and Veggies More Matters Month: Best Ideas for Fruit and Vegetable Promotion
- Healthy Aging Month: Nutrition and Aging
- Honey Month: Honey-Glazed Mangoes
- Menopause Awareness Month: The Perfect Storm for Heart Disease
- Mushroom Month: Putting the "Fun" in Fungi
- Organic Harvest Month: The Real Organic Experience
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month: Do Animal Products Promote Cancer?
- Potato Month: Lots to Love About Potatoes
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month: Can You Prevent Prostate Cancer?
- Rice Month: Have a Rice Day
- Whole Grains Month: Whole Grain Education Ideas
- Eat Dinner Together Week (September 14-20): How to Plan a Menu: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Week (September 7-13): Fat and Prostate Cancer
Check out the amazing Fruit and Veggie More Matters Month resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.