Snack and entertain in style with fruits and vegetables! Here are some healthy indulgences from Victoria Shanta Retelny, RD and Food and Health Communications:
- Avocado-based dips with baked chips
- Colorful and crunchy veggie and fruit kabobs
- Healthful nuts like pistachios – in the shell they are a great portion-controlled treat (there’s 49 in a serving and the shells are a great reminder of when you’ve had enough!)
- Handmade chocolate-dipped dried plums, apricots and apples. Great way to indulge a sweet tooth in a healthy way!
- Sliced apples with vanilla yogurt and caramel drizzle - decadent and more fruit, too!
- 1 Minute Berry Pie - place berries in a pie dish in the microwave for one minute. Cook one minute, stir and serve warm.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.