- ??1/2 cup radishes, rinsed, stemmed, thinly sliced ?(makes 1 cup of slices)
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- ?1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic parsley powder
- 1 tsp apple vinegar glaze
- ?2 arugula leaves for garnish
- Toss the radishes, orange sections, oil, and garlic together.
- Divide salad and place on 2 small plates. Garnish with vinegar glaze and arugula.
- Serves 2. Each serving contains 35 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 2 g sugar, and 1 g protein.
- Each serving also has 2% DV vitamin A, 36% DV vitamin C, 2% DV calcium, and 0% DV iron.
- This is a delicious salad that incorporates pungent, sweet, and acidic flavors.
- No apple vinegar glaze? Try substituting honey!
- You can replace the arugula with parsley or any type of lettuce with small leaves.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.