Dr. James J. Kenney, PhD, RD, FACN
Course Goals and Objectives:
Upon completion of this course the student will be better able to:
- Explain why a the NCEP's "desirable" cholesterol level is far from optimal for preventing atherosclerosis and CAD.
- Discuss the pros and cons of diets high in CHO or MUFA for the treatment and prevention of CVD.
- Explain why research protocols that require that high-CHO and high-MUFA diets be consumed isocalorically may have limited clinical relevance.
- Name the types of high-CHO foods that would be beneficial for a typical overweight Type-2 DM patient.
- 8 hour CPE course
- Includes a certificate you can download upon completion
- Features lifetime access to articles and certificates
- Read lessons, take quiz, get certificate, all at your leisure
- Learning needs codes: 4040, 5160, 5260, 5090, 5100