Chef Judy Doherty, AOS, BS, PC II
Chef Rob Corey, AOS, BS, MBA, CEC, EWS
Goals and Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, the educator will be able to...
- Understand the science behind flavor and taste.
- Articulate the impact of flavoring agents on food, along with their effects on health where applicable.
- Explain how to develop a flavor profile.
- Explore flavor profiles from around the world, including typical American, Latin, Caribbean, European, Mediterranean, and Asian cuisines.
- Know the definitions and descriptions of a variety of flavoring agents, from herbs and spices to specialty regional ingredients.
- 3 hour CPE course
- Includes a certificate you can download upon completion
- Features lifetime access to articles and certificates
- Provides homework and skill building practice tasks and activities
- Read lessons, take quiz, get certificate, all at your leisure
Lesson 1: The Science of Flavor
Lesson 2: Terroir
Course Conclusion and Quiz
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.