Chef Judy Doherty, AOS, BS, PC II
Chef Rob Corey, AOS, BS, MBA, CEC, EWS
Goals and Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, the educator will be able to...
- Understand the science behind flavor and taste.
- Articulate the impact of flavoring agents on food, along with their effects on health where applicable.
- Explain how to develop a flavor profile.
- Explore flavor profiles from around the world, including typical American, Latin, Caribbean, European, Mediterranean, and Asian cuisines.
- Know the definitions and descriptions of a variety of flavoring agents, from herbs and spices to specialty regional ingredients.
- 3 hour CPE course
- Includes a certificate you can download upon completion
- Features lifetime access to articles and certificates
- Provides homework and skill building practice tasks and activities
- Read lessons, take quiz, get certificate, all at your leisure
Lesson 1: The Science of Flavor
Lesson 2: Terroir
Course Conclusion and Quiz