Become a premium member today and get access to hundreds of articles and handouts plus our premium tools!
Judy Doherty, PC II, AOS, BS
Goals and Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, the practitioner will be able to...
- Discuss the history of MyPlate and its connection to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Understand the foods and food groups that make up MyPlate, along with the food elements that should be reduced/consumed in moderation.
- Articulate MyPlate's advice about portions and proportions.
- Know the serving sizes for each food group as recommended for different ages, sexes, and activity levels.
- Explore and provide makeovers to dishes in order to bring them into alignment with MyPlate.
- Discuss shifts in eating patterns that will bring about a healthier eating style.
- Understand the health impact associated with a variety of foods in each food group.
- Successfully navigate the MyPlate website and know where to look for further resources.
- 2 hour CPE course
- Includes a certificate you can download upon completion
- Features lifetime access to articles and certificates
- Read lessons, take quiz, get certificate, all at your leisure