Judy Doherty, PC II, AOS, BS
Goals and Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, the practitioner will be able to...
- Discuss the history of MyPlate and its connection to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Understand the foods and food groups that make up MyPlate, along with the food elements that should be reduced/consumed in moderation.
- Articulate MyPlate's advice about portions and proportions.
- Know the serving sizes for each food group as recommended for different ages, sexes, and activity levels.
- Explore and provide makeovers to dishes in order to bring them into alignment with MyPlate.
- Discuss shifts in eating patterns that will bring about a healthier eating style.
- Understand the health impact associated with a variety of foods in each food group.
- Successfully navigate the MyPlate website and know where to look for further resources.
- 2 hour CPE course
- Includes a certificate you can download upon completion
- Features lifetime access to articles and certificates
- Read lessons, take quiz, get certificate, all at your leisure
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.