Dr. James J. Kenney, PhD, RD, FACN
Course Goals and Objectives:
Upon completion of this course the student will be better able to:
- Name 2 or more popular diet books which claim that high CHO diets are fattening.
- Explain why high glycemic index foods are not necessarily more fattening.
- Explain why glycemic index is a poor predictor of satiety and ad libitum caloric intake.
- Explain why Pima Indians living in Mexico refute the idea that a high carbohydrate diet leads to obesity and diabetes but a diet with more fat and protein does not.
- 2 hour CPE course
- Includes a certificate you can download upon completion
- Features lifetime access to articles and certificates
- Read lessons, take quiz, get certificate, all at your leisure
- Learning needs codes: 4040, 4030, 4020, 5370, 5090