As a Registered Dietitian (RDN), teacher, or other health educator, you could probably talk for hours about the advantages of healthy eating. But almost nothing beats a cooking demonstration to help turn your words into action on the part of your clients and patients.
Most people are visual learners, which is one of the reasons why cooking demonstrations work so well. They can be valuable additions to grocery store tours, health fairs, and trade shows, or for teaching disease prevention, employee wellness, and so much more! A cooking demo teaches participants valuable cooking skills and it allows them to try new foods without the risk of wasted time and money to experiment on their own. Peer learning is also very valuable!
But effective cooking demonstrations take a lot of planning and preparation: Who is your audience and what do they want? What dish(es) will you make and why? What equipment will you need? Those are a few of the questions you need to ask yourself as you prepare a demonstration. And that’s just the beginning.
This course will teach you how to create unforgettable cooking demonstrations as Chef Judy Doherty provides tips that will help you save time and avoid some of the problems that often plague many demonstrations. You’ll learn how to identify your objectives, choose the right recipe for your audience, and handle the use of an unfamiliar kitchen.
You’ll also get a thorough review of the “three Ps”—planning, practice, and preparation—and what’s involved in each phase of the process. You’ll come away with step-by-step instructions for putting together cooking demos that will teach your audience important nutrition lessons while further promoting yourself as a trusted expert in the field.
Whether you’re a registered dietitian, teacher, or health educator—anyone who wants to understand how to create cooking demonstrations that can educate and inspire an audience—this seminar is exactly what you need.
Here is just some of what you’ll learn during this in-depth 75-minute seminar:
- The “three Ps” of cooking demonstrations.
- Hot topics for 2018 and how to pick the right ones for your audience.
- How to impart important nutritional information during your demonstration.
- How to prepare for a demonstration in a kitchen that isn’t yours.
- The importance of food safety during your demo: Showing and telling as you go.
- Mis en Place: How it can make or break a cooking demo.
- How to use cooking demonstrations to not only educate clients and patients but to successfully promote your business.
- Possible cooking demonstration disasters and how to avoid them.
- How to engage the audience during the demonstration—and after it’s over.
…and much more!
PLUS you will get:
- Webinar recording video (1.25 hours)
- Webinar audio file (1.25 hours)
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentation file from our speaker
- Free PDF copy of The Cooking Demo Book (over 300 pages, $59 value!)
- One (1) CPE hour for Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietitians of Canada, Physicians Assistants CME Level 2 education, and ISSA Personal Trainers.
- Sample Cooking Demo Video Links of a real demo