Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 3 cups
- 6 cups ready-to-serve Romaine or another green, leafy lettuce
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of cooked and diced chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup croutons
Cilantro Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Pour the lettuce into the bottom of a large bowl, then arrange each additional salad ingredient in a line on top of the salad (as pictured).
- When you’re ready to serve your salad, stir together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour the mixture over the salad. Then simply toss and serve.
- Serves 4. Each serving has 318 calories, 11 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 38 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 4 g sugars, and 22 g protein.
- Each serving also has 187% vitamin A, 68% vitamin C, 8% calcium and 22% iron.
- Oil and vinegar make a good dressing substitute but take care to measure the oil.
- This salad is versatile, so feel free to replace any ingredient.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.