Here's a fresh and simple meal that relies on budget staples -- exactly what your audience has been searching for!
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, cut in quarters
- 2 cups cubed cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Toss all of the ingredients together and then place in an oven-proof casserole dish. Cover the dish.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees or until the potatoes are very soft.
- Serve hot immediately. Or chill and serve as a cold salad.
- It's great if you can bake a whole chicken or other protein item to serve with this dish.
- This dish looks most appetizing when you use a head of green cabbage.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.