Here's a fresh and simple meal that relies on budget staples -- exactly what your audience has been searching for!
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, cut in quarters
- 2 cups cubed cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Toss all of the ingredients together and then place in an oven-proof casserole dish. Cover the dish.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees or until the potatoes are very soft.
- Serve hot immediately. Or chill and serve as a cold salad.
- It's great if you can bake a whole chicken or other protein item to serve with this dish.
- This dish looks most appetizing when you use a head of green cabbage.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.