Banana Cream Pie Rice Pudding
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 cups 1% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Place the rice, milk, sugar, and cinnamon in a shallow baking pan and cover it with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for several hours until the milk has evaporated and the rice is soft and chewy.
- Allow the rice pudding to cool.
- Once it has completely cooled, stir in the bananas and vanilla extract. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, fold in whipped cream and place scoops of the rice pudding in pretty glasses.
- Serves 8. Each serving contains 306 calories, 8 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 27 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 25 g sugar, and 7 g protein.
- Each serving also has 10% DV vitamin A, 15% DV vitamin C, 17% DV calcium, and 5% DV iron.
- You can also garnish the rice pudding with fresh berries, as pictured on this page.
- This tasty dessert is rich in protein and calcium. It also has way more fiber and nutrients than most typical desserts.
- If you have a combi oven with a steamed rice setting, you can prepare this dish in there. Simply avoid covering the dish.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.