Vallejo, CA — Food and Health Communications, Inc has just launched an online school at https://foodandhealth.com/courses/. This new site will help educators stay current on nutrition research topics and gain culinary skills right from their computers. Assembled and researched by James J. Kenney, PhD, RD, FACN, and Judy Doherty, PC II, AOS, BS, these courses are approved for professional education along with CPE credit for members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietitians of Canada, Physicians Assistants CME Level 2 education, and even ISSA Personal Trainers additional fee petition items.
The courses in this school are ever-evolving and currently include...
- Bypassing the Evidence: Heart Health Education
- Diet and Cardiovascular Disease
- Diet and Kidney Disease
- Diet and Osteoporosis
- Diet and Type 2 Diabetes
- Diet to Prevent and Reverse Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes
- Do High Glycemic Index Foods Cause Obesity and Diabetes?
- Do High Carbohydrate Diets Increase Heart Disease Risk?
- Fiber, Fruit, Vegetables, and the Risk of Colon Cancer
- Food Label Law and Business Development
- High-Protein Ketogenic Diets and Weight Control
- Is CRP a Better Predictor of Heart Attack Risk than Serum Cholesterol?
- Is MSG a Serious Public Health Concern?
- NCEP Cholesterol Guidelines
- Omega-3s and Heart Disease
- Salt Toxicity: Is It A Major Threat To Public Health?
- To Snack or Not to Snack?
- Treating and Preventing Atherosclerosis
Courses that will be launched soon include...
- Guide to Spectacular and Professional Plate Presentations
- MyPlate for Health and Nutrition Educators
- The Dietary Guidelines: 2015-2020 Edition
The launch of this online education resource was prompted by Judy Doherty, who founded Food and Health Communications, Inc. in order to provide necessary resources to busy health educators. The goal of the online school is to help educators enrich their understanding of key topics, offering the resources necessary to make their jobs easier and more effective.
A discount coupon is also being offered at this time. Interested parties can enter the code CPEGET10 to save 10% on any course.
For more information, visit www.foodandhealth.com or call 800-462-2352.