Here's a great way to freshen up your vegetable platter game -- a new twist on a classic appetizer. This recipe would make a great cooking demonstration or element of your next wellness fair both. How will you use it?
Raw Vegetable Platter
Serves: 10 | Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- 2 cups carrot sticks
- 2 cups celery sticks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup radishes
- 1 cup of hummus, herb sauce, or bean dip (not included in Nutrition Information)
- Pour your dip of choice into the bottom of a large clear bowl.
- Arrange the vegetables in the dip so that they are standing on end and fill the bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe makes 10 servings. Each 3/4 cup has 19 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, and 1 g protein.
- Each serving also contains 53% DV vitamin A, 31% DV vitamin C, 2% DV calcium, and 0% DV iron.
- Experiment with a variety of vegetables and practice lining them up neatly, alternating light or dark colors with bright colors so the tray is appealing.
- The picture above features vegetables lined neatly in a tart pan atop an herb sauce.
We are here to help you look your very best, right now.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.