Asian Broccoli Salad
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons flavored vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Steam broccoli florets until just crisp-tender.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Chill for several hours and mix again.
- Serve on a platter or 6 small plates.
- Serves 6. Each serving has 42 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 5 g sugar, and 2 g protein.
- Each serving also has 84% DV vitamin A, 61% DV vitamin C, 4% DV calcium, and 5% DV iron.
- This recipe works best with fresh broccoli.
- Spicy and/or fruity vinegars are a real treat in this dish.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.