- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine everything in a food processor and blend until pesto reaches your desired consistency.
- Serves 48. Each serving contains 12 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 0 g carbohydrate, 0 g dietary fiber, 0 g sugar, and 0 g protein.
- Each serving also has 0% DV vitamin A, 0% DV vitamin C, 0% DV calcium, and 0% DV iron.
- To Freeze: Pour the pesto onto a large piece of foil that sits atop a cutting board. Freeze the pesto in its foil square. Cut the frozen pesto into single-serving cubes and place those cubes in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you’re ready to use them.
- This pesto offers a great way to flavor pasta, rice, and grilled items. It also makes a delicious bread or cracker spread. You can even add more herbs when you serve it too.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.