- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine everything in a food processor and blend until pesto reaches your desired consistency.
- Serves 48. Each serving contains 12 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 0 g carbohydrate, 0 g dietary fiber, 0 g sugar, and 0 g protein.
- Each serving also has 0% DV vitamin A, 0% DV vitamin C, 0% DV calcium, and 0% DV iron.
- To Freeze: Pour the pesto onto a large piece of foil that sits atop a cutting board. Freeze the pesto in its foil square. Cut the frozen pesto into single-serving cubes and place those cubes in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you’re ready to use them.
- This pesto offers a great way to flavor pasta, rice, and grilled items. It also makes a delicious bread or cracker spread. You can even add more herbs when you serve it too.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.