This tasty, refreshing dessert is perfect for those hot summer nights. And it's a great answer to the question, "What should I cook to celebrate Berry Month?"
Peach Berry Crush
Total Time: 10 min | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 0 min
- 1 14-ounce can peaches in juice
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- Slice all the fruit into small pieces.Place in a large plastic bag, flatten and freeze overnight.
- Grind all ingredients together in a food processor. Serve immediately or place back in the freezer to harden until ready to serve, up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally. This frozen treat looks really nice when served in a footed bowl.
- Serves 4.
- Each 1/2 cup serving contains 59 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g sugar, and 1 g protein.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.