Sometimes all you need to pep up a snack is a little bit of pizazz. Instead of pouring a bit of dip or a dollop of nut butter into a dish to put on the side of your snack, consider making it into a line on the plate and arranging the rest of the snack on top of it.
But how do you get a fancy line like you’d find in a restaurant? That’s where a pastry brush comes in.
The brush featured in this photo is a silicone pastry brush, and it makes spreading these nut butters (and other sauces) a total snap!
Swipe the Plate!
There are lots of ways to spread sauces and nut butters to make healthful and gorgeous snacks! Try any of the following…
- Nut butter with celery and raisins arranged on top.
- Salad dressing or a Greek yogurt dip spread with fresh vegetables and toasted nuts sprinkled over the plate.
- Fruit puree swirled over the plate, sprinkled with fresh fruit and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- Nut butter swiped down the plate with slices of apple and a drizzle of honey arranged along the line.
- Greek yogurt dip in a squiggle across the plate, with fresh herbs and multigrain crackers sprinkled throughout.
Like what you see? Here's the handout -- get your copy today!
Remember, we're here to help you look your very best, right now! So check out some of these bestselling snack and kids' resources...
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.