It's time for another olive oil tip, and this one is all about how you can use olive oil to elevate your appetizers and snacks!
Remember that bruschetta recipe? Here's another great one to add to the spread...
Ricotta EVOO Dip
Use soft, fresh ricotta cheese as the base for a dip topped with extra virgin olive oil, basil pesto, and chopped pistachios.
- 1 cup of fresh hand-made ricotta cheese
- Generous drizzle of Laudemio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of basil pesto: make with ¼ cup fresh basil leaves and ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil (reserve the extra for pasta)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Crackers and dippers
- Place the ricotta cheese in a large bowl. Make a swirl indentation with the back of a spoon. Drizzle the olive oil into the swirl indentation. Top wth a little basil pesto and chopped pistachios.
- Serve with dippers like crackers, bread sticks, or veggie sticks.
- If you can't make or buy freshly-made ricotta, any ricotta will work.
- Check out the video below for a step-by-step guide to this recipe (click the image and it will take you to the video).
What other resources would you like to see? Let us know!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.