October 2018 for Premium Food and Health Communication Members:
Table of Contents:
- Read-offline PDF
- Research update for professionals
- White label newsletter (.docx)
- Shareable articles and handouts
- Graphic of the month
- Special member-only discounts
Here's the entire PDF edition of the October 2018 newsletter, ready for you to download to read offline, print for your next meeting or presentation, or distribute however you see fit!
- Research Update: Do Omega-3s Reduce Heart Disease? by James J. Kenney, PhD, FACN
- White Label Newsletter: Here's the Microsoft Word version of the October 2018 newsletter that you can distribute as your own. You can even add your logo! This is perfect to copy into emails, blogs, newsletters, and handouts.
Article Links With Handouts to Share with Your Clients:
- Light Avocado Toast by Judy Doherty, BS, PC II
- Spaghetti Dinner Bowl by Judy Doherty, BS, PC II
- Food Colorings by Lynn Grieger, RDN, CDE, CPT, CHWC
- Does Bone Broth Live Up to the Hype? by Lynn Grieger, RDN, CDE, CPT, CHWC
- Picture This by Lisa Andrews, MEd, RD, LD
- Eat Less to Live More by Lisa Andrews, MEd, RD, LD
- Meal Planning: The Science by Lisa Andrews, MEd, RD, LD
Graphic of the Month:
This month we learned exciting news about helping children eat more vegetables. A review of one of the latest studies indicates that using a compartment plate with pictures of fruits and vegetables can help kids eat more of both!
Plus, we debunk health claims about bone broth and omega-3 supplements.
And if you really want to learn about artificial colors in foods, then this issue is for you!
Remember, knowledge is power!
To further boost your knowledge (and make teaching vital lessons to clients a dream) this month I want to offer you 15% off all Food and Health subscriptions and courses with the code SAVE15.
Or you can get 10% off everything in the Nutrition Education Store with the code FALL4FALL.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.