- Complete October 2015 Newsletter
- October Practitioner Resources
- October Handout Set
Bonus — White Label Newsletter:
- This is the newsletter that you can distribute as your own!
- It’s in Word format.
- Feel free to make changes or add your logo.
- You can save it as a PDF when you are ready to distribute it.
- Use it in email, websites, blogs, or as a handout.
NEW — Articles for October:
- Can a Rural Asian Diet Prevent and Treat Type 2 Diabetes? - by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
- Activity Ideas: How Much Fat is in That? - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Recipe: Fresh Tomato Sauce - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Recipe: Basil Pesto - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Handout: Mindful Eating: Back to Basics - by Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN
- Handout: Make the Most of Pasta Month - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Handout: Diabetes and Your Heart - by Jill Weisenberger, MS, RDN, CDE, FAND
- Handout: Scientific Facts About Sleep - by Judy Doherty, PC II
October Monthly Theme Card:
Links for October:
- October Food and Health Observances Calendar
- Seasonal October Recipes
- October Clip Art
- Newsletter Archive
Calendar Ideas for October:
- Apple Month: 10 Recipes for Apple Month
- Breast Cancer Control/Awareness Month: Diet and Lifestyle Reduce Breast Cancer Risk
- Campaign for Healthier Babies Month: Breastfeeding Works
- Celiac Sprue Awareness Month: Digestive Diseases 101
- Child Health Month: Engage Kids in Nutrition Education
- Cookie Month: Almond Cookie Recipe
- Cranberry Month: Holiday Survival and Beyond: Meet Cranberries
- Dental Hygiene Month: 3 Reasons to Switch to Tea
- Dessert Month: Eat Dessert First!
- Family Eye Care Month: Eat Right Electrolyte
- Family Health Month: The Benefits of Family Meals
- Farm to School Month: Farm to School
- Health Literacy Month: Nutrition from A to Z
- Healthy Lung Month: Diet and Lung Cancer
- Liver Awareness Month: Factors Promoting Elevated Serum Triglycerides and Fatty Liver
- Mental Health Month: Manage Stress and Practice Mindful Eating
- Pasta Month: Whole Grain Pasta They'll Eat
- Pizza Month: Really Healthy Pizza Recipe
- Popcorn Poppin' Month: Popcorn Basics
- Pork Month: Pork with "Applekraut" Recipe
- Seafood Month: Try Seafood Chowder
- Vegetarian Awareness Month: 5 Tips for a Healthful Vegetarian Lifestyle
- Bone and Joint Week (October 11-17): Do Vitamin D Supplements Improve Bone Health?
- School Lunch Week (October 11-17): School Lunch Videos
- Health Education Week (October 18-24): Are You Good to Your Health?
Check out the fantastic Family Health Month resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.