Download PDFs of the October 2014 Issue:
- Complete October 2014 Newsletter
- October Practitioner Resources
- October Handout Set
Bonus -- White Label Newsletter:
- This is the newsletter that you can distribute as your own!
- It's in Word format.
- Feel free to make changes or add your logo.
- You can save it as a PDF when you are ready to distribute it.
- Use it in email, websites, blogs, or as a handout.
NEW -- Articles for October:
Do New Studies Refute the Benefits of Reducing Salt? - by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
Activity Idea: Model Cholesterol Damage in Your Hallway - by Stephanie Ronco
Recipe: Tuna in a Sicilian Tomato Sauce - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Recipe: Chili on the Grill - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Handout: Bottled Water: A Billion Dollar Business - by Lynn Grieger RDN, CDE, CPT, CWC
Handout: Probiotics: Good Bacteria for a Healthy Gut - by Beth Rosen, MS, RD
Handout: Substitute Your Way to More Whole Grains - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Handout: Inflammation: What You Need to Know - by Lenore Shamah, MS, RD
October Monthly Theme Card:
Links for October:
Calendar Ideas for October:
- Apple Month: Apple Puzzle
- Breast Cancer Control/Awareness Month: Does Mammography Reduce Mortality?
- Celiac Sprue Awareness Month: Gluten-Free Whole Grains
- Child Health Month: Winning Food Wars
- Cookie Month: Watermelon "Cookies"
- Cranberry Month: Meet Cranberries
- Dental Hygiene Month: Sugar Consumption Trends
- Dessert Month: Cooking Demos for Dessert Month
- Family Eye Care Month: Feast for Your Eyes
- Family Health Month: Shopping for Health and Budget
- Health Literacy Month: Nutrition Science or Pseudoscience?
- Healthy Lung Month: Salt Promotes Asthma in Athletes
- Pasta Month: Weight Control: Pasta Tips
- Pizza Month: Pizza with Pizzazz
- Popcorn Poppin' Month: Poppin' Popcorn
- Seafood Month: Light Valencia Paella
- Vegetarian Awareness Month: Low-Fat Vegetarian Diet Wins
- Bone and Joint Week (October 12-18): New Hope for Old Joints
- Health Education Week (October 19-25): Kids Nutrition Handout
Check out the amazing Family Health Month resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.