How is your Nutrition Month going?
I'm having a blast!
It's so fun to create new and helpful resources for food and health educators. Today I want to share a new handout that I made just for you -- it's a Nutrition Month quiz! Check it out!
Nutrition Month Quiz
1. True or false? Each one of us holds the tool to make healthier food choices.
2. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, you should “Focus on _____” as you plan your eating pattern.
B. Trying new foods every day
C. Variety, nutrient density, and amount
D. Added sugars and saturated fat
3. Which of the following is not one of MyPlate’s food groups?
4. True or false? How much we eat is as important as what we eat.
5. Fill in the blank. Making small shifts in what you eat _____ add up over time.
- A. True. That quote actually comes straight from the Nutrition Month homepage at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. It’s one of the inspirations for this year’s slogan. You have the power to change and improve your eating pattern.
- C. Variety, nutrient density, and amount. These are the 3 keys to a healthful eating pattern. According to the guidelines, “To meet nutrient needs within calorie limits, choose a variety of nutrient-dense foods across and within all food groups in recommended amounts.”
- B. Fats/oils. MyPlate is made up of fruits, vegetables, grains, protein, and dairy. Although MyPlate addresses fats and oils, they do not get their own space on the plate graphic and are instead incorporated within the other food groups.
- A. True. That’s actually a central tenet of this year’s National Nutrition Month celebration. For more information, visit eatright.org.
- A. Can. That’s right, those small shifts can actually make a huge impact. Plus, smaller shifts are easier to sustain over time.
Here's a downloadable and printable version of the quiz for you to share with your clients. I hope you like it!
And here are a few more resources for National Nutrition Month!