MyPlate now has a tool called "Get Your MyPlate Plan."
You can enter your age, sex, height, weight, and activity level and then find out how many calories you should eat in one day to keep your weight the same.
My calorie level came back as 2000.
With the click of a button I was able to see how many servings I should get each day from each of the 5 MyPlate groups:
It is easy to keep making a healthy plate and getting a variety of foods from the five food groups each day. If you follow this tool you can get a widget to put on your site so you can encourage your audience to find out their calorie goal and to find out how to calculate the daily goal for each of the five food groups from MyPlate.
Here is a daily menu that would incorporate all of these items.
The five group plan:
- 2 fruits: eat one at breakfast and one for dessert.
- 2.5 cups of veggies: If you eat a big (3 cups salad = 1.5 cups of veggies) salad for lunch and a quarter plate of veggies (1 cup) at dinner you will get them all in!
- 6 ounces of grains: have a couple ounces at every meal and you are there
- 3 cups of milk or yogurt: for breakfast, dinner, and dessert
- 5.5 ounces of protein: lunch and dinner.
The meal plan:
- Oatmeal with apple slices and skim milk
- Large salad, with beans or chicken, and whole grain crackers or toast for lunch
- Fish, brown rice, fresh broccoli, and a glass of skim milk for dinner
- Strawberries and yogurt for dessert.
The link to the widget is here. Or use this one: