March is National Nutrition Month! That's only a few short weeks away -- are you ready to help your clients make the most of it?
Just in case you didn't already know, National Nutrition Month is part of an annual campaign from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Each Nutrition Month has a different theme over the years, and the theme for 2021 is...
Personalize Your Plate!
In order to best communicate the lessons of Nutrition Month, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has taken the "Personalize Your Plate" theme and divided it into 4 core lessons. Each week of March will focus on a different lesson.
But what are the lessons, you ask? Don't worry, I've got you covered!
- Week 1: Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day!
- Week 2: Plan your meals each week!
- Week 3: Learn skills to create tasty meals!
- Week 4: Consult a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)!
We are going to provide as many resources and fun ways into each week's activities, so be sure to come by every Wednesday through the end of March for all the Nutrition Month fun!
In the meantime, here's a brand-new, totally free handout that has a solid overview of Nutrition Month 2021, along with its goals and themes: Introduction to Nutrition Month.
And to further help you prepare for March, here's a collection of the most helpful links we've found so far!
- National Nutrition Month 2021: An overview of all the resources from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- National Nutrition Month® Campaign Toolkit: If you click no other link in this article, at least click this one!
- 5 Most Asked Questions About National Nutrition Month
- 40 Ideas to Get Involved in National Nutrition Month
- Guidelines for Using the National Nutrition Month® Mark and Slogan
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.