What do you know about MyPlate’s protein food group? Find out with this speedy protein quiz!
1. Which of the following is part of the protein food group?
B. Beans and peas
D. Processed soy products
G. Nuts and seeds
H. All of the above
2. Fill in the blank: Most people should eat _____ ounces of seafood per week.
3. True or false? The advice to consume seafood does not apply to vegetarians.
4. Which of the following does not count as an ounce equivalent in the protein food group?
A. 1 ounce of meat, poultry or fish
B. 1 ounce of nuts or seeds
C. ¼ cup cooked beans
D. 1 egg
E. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- H. All of the above
- C. 8
- A. True
- B. 1 ounce of nuts or seeds. 1/2 an ounce of nuts or seeds is an ounce equivalent in the protein food group.
This quiz makes a great handout and email blast! Share it with your clients today!
Check out these additional MyPlate resources from the Nutrition Education Store...
And don't miss the members-only in-depth look at protein in the post MyPlate's Protein Food Group: What You Need to Know.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.