May 2019 for Premium Food and Health Communication Members:
Table of Contents:
- Read-offline PDF
- Research update for professionals
- White label newsletter (.docx)
- Shareable articles and handouts
- Graphic of the month
- Special member-only discounts
Here's the entire PDF edition of the May 2019 newsletter, ready for you to download to read offline, print for your next meeting or presentation, or distribute however you see fit!
- Research Update: Does Ratio of Energy Macronutrients Promote Obesity?by James J. Kenney, PhD, FACN
- White Label Newsletter: Here's the Microsoft Word version of the May 2019 newsletter that you can distribute as your own. You can even add your logo! This is perfect to copy into emails, blogs, newsletters, and handouts.
Article Links to Share with Your Clients:
- Sautéed Spinach Salad Recipe by Judy Doherty, BS, PC II
- Pistachio Kale Salad Recipe by Judy Doherty, BS, PC II
- Are You Getting Enough Choline? by Lynn Grieger, RDN, CDE, CPT, CHWC
- 10 Ways to Prevent Cancer: Recommendations from the American Institute for Cancer Research by Jill Weisenberger, MS, RDN, CDE, CHWC, FAND
- Overnight Oats: Nutrition and Food Safety by Cheryle Jones Syracuse, MS
- Choosing Gluten-Free Foods at Restaurants by Lynn Grieger, RDN, CDE, CPT, CHWC
- New Guidelines on Lifestyle Choices to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk by Lynn Grieger, RDN, CDE, CPT, CHWC
Graphic of the Month:
Farmers’ markets are starting to spring to life!
This month’s issue brings us an array of greens that can be cooked or served raw. Try the warm salads! Combine the recipes with the handouts for eating more fruits and veggies and preventing cancer! Plus find Dr. Kenney’s summary of research stating that the ratio of FAT/PRO/CHO independent of other dietary factors or calorie intake appears to have very little or no impact on the risk of developing obesity and/or successful weight loss and control.
ENJOY! Let us know if you need any special topics or handouts. Simply click Contact Us at the top of foodandhealth.com.
AND you can use the code MYPLATE15 in the Nutrition Education Store to save 15% off all MyPlate products, or save money on memberships, renewals, and classes with the code TRY10NOW at Food and Health.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.