- Does Mindfulness Training Aid Weight Loss? – by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
- Resources for International Mediterranean Diet Month – by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Recipe: Fresh Bean Salad – by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Recipe: Asian Broccoli Salad – by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Handout: Healthy Snacking: Energy Bites – by Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN
- Handout: 5 Foods that People with Diabetes Shouldn't Fear – by Jill Weisenberger, MS, RDN, CDE, FAND, CHWC
- Handout: Make Small Dietary Shifts – by Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
- Handout: Introduction to Diverticular Disease – by Judy Doherty, PC II
PDFs of the May 2016 Issue:
- Complete May 2016 Newsletter
- May Practitioner Resources
- May Handout Set
Bonus — White Label Newsletter:
May Monthly Theme Card:
Calendar Ideas for May:
- Arthritis Month: Healing Foods for a Healthy Life: Part Two
- Asparagus Month: Asparagus: Super Stalks
- Barbecue Month: Honey BBQ Sauce
- Beef Month: Beef Barley Soup Recipe
- Better Sleep Month: Scientific Facts About Sleep
- Breathe Easy Month: 7 Steps for Lung Cancer Prevention
- Cancer Research Month: Diet and Colon Cancer
- Digestive Diseases Awareness Month: Digestive Diseases 101
- Egg Month: Egg Shopping Cheat Sheet
- Healthy Vision Month: A Feast for Your Eyes
- High Blood Pressure Education Month: Blood Pressure Quiz
- Mediterranean Food Month: Why Try the Mediterranean Diet?
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month: Prevent Skin Cancer
- Mental Health Month: Saving Heart and Mind
- Older Americans Month: B Vitamins Reduce Alzheimer's Disease
- Osteoporosis Prevention Month: Diet and Osteoporosis
- Physical Fitness and Sports Month: Physical Activity Guidelines and You
- Salad Month: 3 Ways to Celebrate Salad Month in Style!
- Salsa Month: Happy Salsa Month!
- Strawberry Month: Creative Strawberry Presentations
- Stroke Awareness Month: What is the Main Cause of Strokes?
- Women's Health Month: The Perfect Storm of Heart Disease
- Child Nutrition Employee Appreciation Week (May 1-7): Free Handout: Nutrition for Kids
- Raisin Week (May 1-7): Raising Strudel Oatmeal
- Drinking Water Week (May 8-14): Make Water More Fun!
- Food Allergy Awareness Week (May 8-14): Food Allergy Essentials
- Herb Week (May 8-14): Flavor Exploration: Herbs
- Women's Health Week (May 15-21): Strokes and Obesity in Middle-Aged Women
- Running and Fitness Week (May 22-28): 10 Common Health and Fitness Mistakes
Check out the amazing High Blood Pressure Education Month resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.