Download PDFs of the May 2014 Issue:
- Complete May 2014 Newsletter
- May Practitioner Resources
- May Handout Set
Bonus -- White Label Newsletter:
- This is the newsletter that you can distribute as your own!
- It's in Word format.
- Feel free to make changes or add your logo.
- You can save it as a PDF when you are ready to distribute it.
- Use it in email, websites, blogs, or as a handout.
NEW -- Articles for May:
Do Animal Products Promote Cancer? - by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
Presentation Ideas: Heart Smart Cooking - by Elovia Peddle, RD, LD, CDE
Recipe: Vegetarian Carpaccio - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Recipe: Chicken Fajita Salad - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Handout: Blood Glucose Goals and Monitoring - by Jill Weisenberger, MS, RDN, CDE
Handout: Restaurant Problems - by Cheryle Jones Syracuse, MS
Handout: Keep a Food Log for Weight Loss - by Lynn Grieger, RDN, CDE, CPT, CWC
Handout: Choosing a Plant-Based Diet: Part One - by Lynn Grieger, RDN, CDE, CPT, CWC
May Monthly Theme Card:
Links for May:
Calendar Ideas for May:
- Arthritis Month: New Hope for Old Joints
- Asparagus Month: Asparagus: Super Stalks
- Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month: Salt Promotes Asthma in Athletes
- Barbecue Month: Farmers' Market on the Grill
- Beef Month: Beef Barley Soup
- Better Sleep Month: Diet for Better Sleep
- Breathe Easy Month: Hot Dogs Damage Your Lungs
- Cancer Research Month: 9 Steps for Cancer Prevention
- Digestive Diseases Awareness Month: CPE: Fiber, Fruits, Vegetables and Colon Cancer Prevention
- Egg Month: The Whole Egg Story
- High Blood Pressure Education Month: DASH to Better Blood Pressure
- Mediterranean Food Month: Transitioning to the Mediterranean Diet
- Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month: Prevent Skin Cancer
- Osteoporosis Prevention Month: Diet and Osteoporosis
- Salad Month: Amazing Salad Cooking Demonstration Ideas
- Salsa Month: Salsa Demo Guide
- Strawberry Month: Strawberry Sparkler Recipe Handout
- Stroke Awareness Month: What is the Main Cause of Strokes?
- Women's Health Care Month: The Perfect Storm for Heart Disease
- Food Allergy Awareness Week (May 4-10): Food Allergy Essentials
- Herb Week (May 4-10): Herb and Spice Puzzle
- Running and Fitness Week (May 18-24): Diet and Exercise Myths, Debunked
Check out the amazing High Blood Pressure Education Month resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.