Serve this salsa with chips, vegetables, rice, or grilled fish/chicken.
- 1 pound red, ripe tomatoes (about 4), diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 1/3 boiled black beans, drained (about 1 can)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp oil
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Serves 6. Each 2/3 cup serving: 99 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4.5 g protein. Diabetic exchange: 1 starch.
Brought to you by: The Nutrition Education Store. Check out our collection of creative recipes, handouts, posters, games, presentations, and more!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.