Serve this salsa with chips, vegetables, rice, or grilled fish/chicken.
- 1 pound red, ripe tomatoes (about 4), diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 1/3 boiled black beans, drained (about 1 can)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp oil
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Serves 6. Each 2/3 cup serving: 99 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4.5 g protein. Diabetic exchange: 1 starch.
Brought to you by: The Nutrition Education Store. Check out our collection of creative recipes, handouts, posters, games, presentations, and more!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.