Serve this salsa with chips, vegetables, rice, or grilled fish/chicken.
- 1 pound red, ripe tomatoes (about 4), diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 1/3 boiled black beans, drained (about 1 can)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp oil
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Serves 6. Each 2/3 cup serving: 99 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4.5 g protein. Diabetic exchange: 1 starch.
Brought to you by: The Nutrition Education Store. Check out our collection of creative recipes, handouts, posters, games, presentations, and more!