Endlessly Adaptable Fruit Plate
- Seasonal fruit. Try…
- Jam or chocolate sauce
- Pastry brush
- Wash and dry your fruit. Slice it if necessary and place it on the table. Add the jam or chocolate sauce and make sure the pastry brush is handy.
- Give everyone a plate and let them create their own artistic and delicious fruit plates.
- Begin by “painting” a little jam or chocolate sauce on the plate.
- Pile fruit in an eye-catching manner. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have any pastry brushes, spoons make fine substitutes.
- Plain, nonfat yogurt is a fantastic way to top the plate too.
- Experiment with designs at the base of the plate. Streaks, swirls, and dollops of jam are all aesthetically appealing.
- Be sure to use fresh and seasonal fruit. Not only is produce cheaper when it’s in season, it’s often at peak flavor and ripeness. This can really take a simple fruit plate to the next level.
- Consider which fruits would go well together as you plan your plates. Want a trio of melons? How about a berry theme? Or stone fruit only? The possibilities are endless!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.